No World Borders advises clients regarding disruptive regulations and disruptive technology in health care.
Our clients are:
- Health plans and self - insured employers
- Hospital systems and other healthcare providers
- Pharmaceutical and medical device firms
- Investors in Life Science, Software as a Service, Cloud, mHealth, and Healthcare IT
- Legal firms and regulatory compliance teams
Our founder and other members of our team have worked in hospital systems having performed direct observation of front-line clinical staff, which means we understand how care is delivered, not just about the administrative back office.
We've worked in health plans, helping set the strategy on medical policy plan design, EDI, insurance exchanges, claims first pass rate, out of network claims and more.
We've worked in investment firms, performing diligence on large-scale investments in life science and health IT.
We've worked in pharmaceutical and medical device firms, helping them with regulatory and strategic issues.
We deal directly with legal teams, having served as experts on landmark health IT cases in Federal court. Our team includes former Federal employees who helped set the mandates for CMS and HHS.
And, we deal every week with regulatory compliance teams.
Why We Can Help Make A Difference.
We understand that some of the policies in healthcare were developed by academicians who have never set foot inside a hospital or health plan. At our firm, we know your pain. We've been there. And, we can help visualize the opportunities, cope with the regulations, and find strategic advantages. We help clients bring policy into practice and practice into policy. Please see our success stories page for more on how we deliver value.
We provide a diverse set of professionals including clinicians, strategists, legal, and regulatory compliance perspectives that complement our Health IT perspective.
Geographic Markets We Serve
Our services are a product of No World Borders, Inc. headquartered in Newport Beach, California. Our team and partners are spread across this amazingly flat world including Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Baltimore, Boston, Miami, Dallas, Salt Lake City, Chicago, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Atlanta, Jacksonville, Denver, and Philadelphia.
Our company name springs from the idea that we support borderless health care. Our Clinically Integrated Solutions facilitate coordination between the siloes to improve health care quality and value.
- We are led by a group of experienced executives who understand large public organizations, not for profit health plans and hospitals.
- We bring our entrepreneurial culture and strong Silicon Valley roots and experience to create a unique, high value, agile set of solutions.
- We integrate a $billion balance sheet, over 5,000 consultants, thought leadership, subject matter expertise, and execution and delivery capabilities under one brand with unmatched health care expertise from clinical to regulatory, HIT, process and business perspectives.
- Our clients and team experience include:
- Fortune 10 self-insured employer,
- One of the three largest health plans in the U.S.,
- One of the largest teaching hospital systems in the U.S.,
- One of the largest hospital systems by number of licensed beds.
- Leading edge health care clients include:
- A premier venture capital firm that invested in an Accountable Care Organization and analytics solutions business
- A children's hospital striving to be the 'hospital of the future' by integrating HIT solutions; funded by a Fortune 50 endowment
- A Medicare Advantage Health plan that is leveraging technology to optimize 5-Star Ratings.
- We provide a proven end- to-end assessment, governance, risk management and compliance (GRC) methodology. In addition our training, implementation planning, HIT application modernization and remediation, testing strategies, test services and test data for complete transition solutions. (See health care expertise below).
We are a private equity backed firm with engagement experience on three continents. We were founded in 2000, and provide services to some of the most successful companies in the world. We help solve issues of concern to senior management for clients who wish to refine and achieve their business strategy via superior service, unparalleled expertise, and process transparency.
Sustainable facilities and LEED certified consultants in health care facilities management.
Helping Companies Save Money and Manage Change in the Perfect Storm of HIPAA and HIT Mandates
There are now unprecedented levels of investment, unprecedented risk, and unprecedented opportunity in health care. CMS HIPAA mandates and the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA or HR 3590) create a perfect storm of change. This perfect storm will grow over the next five years. We believe it is imperative to map out the process for organizing and achieving change.
Companies need to make sure that there is sufficient urgency within the organization to drive change forward, not just in clinical, informatics and health IT, but enterprise wide. We help clients take ownership of the process to enable change and innovation, achieve business goals, and comply with regulatory compliance mandates.
Health Care Expertise
Our business, clinical, IT, and physician team has over 200 years of experience in health care, serve in leadership roles with national and state medical standards, State Health Information Exchange groups, and we touch on the work of over 200 employers, health care providers and payers. Our references include some of the largest and best-known health care organizations in the U.S. Our team comes from well-known firms in the industry.
Our fastest growing practice focuses on HIPAA mandates, health care reform, new health information management (HIM) standards. We specialize in advising health plans, large self-insured employers, hospitals, and physician practice groups on the impact of health care reform and key standards developments such as:
- Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) / Electronic Health Record (EHR) planning implementation and selection including specialty EMRs for oncology and other areas. We provide Meaningful Use Assessments to guide Eligible Professionals (EPs) toward accessing incentives whether or not they are Medicare or Medicaid providers.
- ICD-10 Consulting - CMS mandated the conversion to ICD-10 by October 1, 2014. (World Health Organization [WHO] international classification of diseases). ICD-10 impact assessments (iCD-10 business impact, ICD-10 IT impact, ICD-10 process impact, ICD-10 readiness in the organization, ICD-10 process impact, ICD-10 revenue cycle impact, ICD-10 medical policy impact), ICD-10 implementation and integration including hospital revenue cycle management, payment reform, health plan medical policy and business rules remediation and ICD-9 to ICD-10 transition business road maps and ICD-10 cross walk strategies and mapping.
- HIPAA 5010 Consulting - CMS mandated the conversion to HIPAA 5010 by January 1, 2012. Establishing a strong foundation for ICD-10 diagnosis and procedure coding starts with a successful transition of the underlying EDI system that hospitals, health plans and other use to submit claims to the new X12 standard HIPAA 5010. We help by uniting the business, regulatory, IT, claims, HIPAA testing, clinical and other disciplines in health care companies to achieve this goal with an outlook to future strategic advantage.
- Health care integration, BIgData, and Analytics We use Software as a Service (SaaS) partners to enable application integration across Cloud Networks. This means health care specific, unified, on-demand security, user management, reporting, analytics and integration across multiple SaaS applications via cloud networks to enable integration across the continuum of care, helping to enable the Accountable Care Organization.
- CMS Hospital Value Based Purchasing (VPB) for Medicare. CMS will start paying incentives to higher performing hospitals that excel at CMS HVBP measures in 2012 and will look at retrospective performance of these organizations in 2011.
- Health plan HEDIS Star Ratings Quality Measures for Medicare Advantage. CMS will start paying incentives to higher performing health plans that excel at CMS 5-Star ratings measures in 2012 and will look at retrospective performance of these organizations in 2011.
- Health care social media for physician and patient engagement, talent development, and organizational change management. We sponsor a large social media community focusing on Accountable Care Organizations, ICD-10, HIPAA 5010 and other key issues. We use business road map consulting techniques, and social media inside and outside of companies to help them socialize and embrace change.
- February 2013 - The company launches clinically integrated intelligence. CII integrated analytics spanning inpatient, ambulatory, pharmaceutical, in and out of network and clinical documentation work flows to identify ICD-10 financial risk, pharmacy claims costs overages and to accelerate claims reimbursement.
- November 2012 - The company is retained to design new mobile health and indoor location strategies and products with an industry leading firm.
- March 2012 - No World Borders selected by top hospital system to perform ICD-10 financial risk assessment
- January 2012 - No World Borders CEO selected by economists and leading litigation firm as an expert witness for a matter related to health care IT, access to clinical data, electronic medical records, natural language processing, and ICD-10.
- October 2011 - No World Borders is selected by a Fortune 10 self insured employer to review its HIPAA 5010 implementation plan and to help set strategy for other health care reform and HIPAA measures.
- September 2011 - We were ranked as a leader out of nine vendors by a $5 billion hospital system for our ICD-10 capabilities.
- August 2011 - The company assists a publicly traded software firm to secure a contract with a regional children's hospital system striving to be the "hospital of the future" and will use technology and expertise to integrate electronic medical record systems with service oriented architecture (SOA) based solutions.
- May 2011- The company provides diligence services to a premier venture capital firm focused on and investment in technology and services for the Medicare Advantage, quality measures, and the Accountable Care Organization health care market.
- April 2011 - No World Borders is the leading search result on Google in organic search for "ICD-10 Consulting" for the tenth month in a row. The company is regularly invited to respond to RFPs because of the expertise and track record of its team.
- March, 2011 - The company facilitated the completion of an agreement to provide consulting services and enterprise software to a leading edge, $400 million health plan with a Medicare Advantage Contract to provide business intelligence dash boards that monitor HEDIS / 5-Star Quality Ratings, and to advise the firm on process improvements that will improve the rating for the benefit of patients and to access increased incentives for the Health and Human Services Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS).
- January 2011 - company profiled in Orange County Business Venture Capital section and adds Jon Rosen, former head of strategy and corporate development for America Online to the advisory board to assist in growing its health care social media business.
- November 2010 - company adds Dr. Donn Duncan, MD, founder of Health Systems International (sold to 3M) to the team of experts. Dr. Duncan co-founded the company that
commercialized algorithms from Yale to form the Diagnosis Related Groups (DRGs) used by the U.S. Federal Government CMS and others as the foundation for reimbursements for the multi-$trillion health care industry.
- October 2010 - Company announced private equity funding from Palos Verdes Venture Partners, and its Vocabulary Services initiative designed to ease the transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10, including SNOMED terminology capabilities.
- Success stories - The company built a prestigious client base in health care including Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield and Public Employees Health Plan, as well as some of the largest and most respected health care providers in the U.S. Please view our success stories on our web site: http://www.noworldborders.com/success_stories.html. The company establishes itself as a leader in performing HIPAA 5010, ICD-10 and Medicare Advantage Quality Measures impact assessments, risks analysis and implementation plans for health care companies.
- Partnerships - The company signs strategic partnerships with multi $billion enterprise and health care software firms, leveraging large dedicated sales and marketing resources who in turn benefit from No World Borders' health care, change management, and process improvement expertise to enter new markets.
- The company performs turn around consulting engagements for troubled health care IT implementations for some of the largest companies in the U.S., Latin America, and the U.K.
- The company expands its team of experts to include physicians, regulatory experts and health IT experts on health care claims, quality measures, HIPAA 5010, ICD-10, electronic medical records / electronic health records, including published authors and nationally recognized speakers on these and other topics impacting health care reform, health care payment reform and health IT standards.
- First quarter, 2010 - Health Care Reform legislation mandates that payments to Medicare Advantage plans shall be linked to patient experience and quality of care (outcomes). For the first time, high performing plans will be paid more than lower performing plans. This changes the terms of market competition and turns incentives in Medicare Advantage toward improving quality. This is transformational for over one half $trillion in health care reimbursement annually. It’s comparable to the full phase-in of risk adjustment in 2007, which turned attention from avoiding sick beneficiaries to enrolling all beneficiaries regardless of health status. No World Borders capitalizes on this opportunity by securing key contracts and team members during 2010.
- The company performs process improvement and claims implementation consulting projects for five multi-$billion health plans and health care providers, rescuing troubled projects that lacked leadership and were over budget. Despite the worst economy in eighty years, the company is profitable and builds an increased sales pipeline moving into 2010.
- Talent foundation for the future - The company builds on-line recruiting solutions for its internal use based on Taleo ® Talent Management, integrated with a custom built-taxonomy which catalogues health care payor and provider competencies and skills. The company talent database exceeds 1,000 professionals.
- Sales and Marketing foundation for the future - The company implements Salescorce.com ® customer relationship management and mobile applications.
1. All organizations face change. We help you embrace it. We assist in injecting creativity, flexibility, and a partnership focused on innovation. The ability to manage and embrace change is critical for effective organizations that are globally distributed or that have grown via acquisition.
2. We believe in helping companies create value through "empowerful" innovation. Empowerment is one thing, but letting your employees know that they are encouraged to help tweak your company and develop new products, services and strategies is more empowerful. By encouraging people to "fix things" as well as tweak the company, companies can more efficiently translate vision and strategy into reality and action. The US Navy has employed this technique to transform the worst ship in the Pacific Fleet into the winner of the prestigious Spokane Trophy, which is awarded to the ship with the best combat readiness in the fleet.
3. We help you focus on core competencies and development of repeatable methods for delivering excellence. The most winning companies in the world, regardless of size, industry, or state in their evolution, have universal characteristics: a focus on core competencies, and a repeatable method for delivering excellence. Usually, achieving excellence requires coordinating people, process, and technology effectively.
- At No World Borders, our people are uniquely qualified to advise clients on health care reform and financial services regulatory change. Having worked with the Fortune 1000, the Big Four, traditional consulting firms, as well as early-stage companies, we provide clients with access to broad business knowledge, deep industry proficiency and strong execution capabilities. With an average of more than 12 years of experience, our professionals are problem solvers with management skills, judgment and adaptability.
- Our mission is to help business leaders execute their initiatives with excellence. Operating as part of your team, we provide the intellectual capital and execution capability to help managers drive internal change and regain control of their strategic initiatives.
- We help our clients identify and address their people and process challenges and match our professionals' capabilities with culture, operating environment and intellectual capital requirements of each individual enterprise. By infusing client teams with accomplished professionals, we help solve problems and execute initiatives, and we also transfer knowledge building a team's capability to operate in new ways. Whether centralizing global processes into a shared service, moving supply chain logistics offshore, or accelerating a financial reporting process that spans currencies and continents, our professionals work on-site to support business leaders and their global operating teams.
- Our operating model supports hourly and monthly retainer billing, giving clients greater flexibility managing costs. Clients control the investment, direction and outcome of their initiatives.
- We maintain an entrepreneurial culture that frees us to focus on clients' strategic and operational agendas. And by sharing insights and lessons learned across our global professional community, our professionals and clients are kept apace of the trends driving internal initiatives.
In these ways, we are able to help leading companies respond to change and challenges posed by a rapidly evolving economic and regulatory environment.
Engagement Approach with Our Clients
- Long-term philosophy - Base your management decisions on a long-term philosophy, even at the expense of short-term financial goals. People need purpose to find motivation and establish goals.
- The Right Process Will Produce the Right Results. Create a continuous process flow to bring problems and opportunities to the surface. Build a culture of stopping to fix problems, to get quality right the first time.
- Add Value to the Organization by Developing Your People. Grow leaders who thoroughly understand the work, live the philosophy, and teach it to others. Without constant attention, the principles will fade. The principles have to be ingrained, it must be the way one thinks. Employees must be educated and trained: they have to maintain a learning organization.
- Continuously Solving Root Problems Drives Organizational Learning. Go and see for yourself to thoroughly understand the situation.
How is No World Borders Different?
Like the largest consulting firms, our projects are managed by talented Partners, Principal Consultants, and Senior Managers. Unlike the largest consulting firms, we create value through project teams and by finding synergies. We are nimble. The synergies we offer are between people, companies, clients, products, services, technologies, and investors with expertise drawn from a network of thousands of consultants, partners, service providers (legal, accounting, computing infrastructure, outsource and near shore software development, call centers), venture capital firms, and private equity firms.
Unlike the largest consulting firms, we do not place the most talented partner on your business, only to have them depart after the first few weeks of the project. We are agile, with a lower cost of doing business and we pride ourselves in providing senior consultants throughout the process.
The result: No World Borders delivers quality work, with deeper, valuable, actionable insights.
Our consulting teams have already seen -- and solved -- the issues our clients are facing. We deeply understand the business problems facing our clients and our teams don’t have to learn anything on the client’s dime – we add value on the first day.
High Client Satisfaction
Most importantly, we pride ourselves on our consistent achievement of High Client Satisfaction. We know we’ve achieved High Client Satisfaction when our clients not only ask us to continue with our business relationship, but strongly recommend us to their peers.
The company has affiliate relationships world-wide and serves a variety of industries including health care, financial services, apparel, retail, real estate, government and higher education.
Michael Arrigo, CPHIT, CPEMR - Managing Partner, Health care Practice
Mr. Arrigo's areas of expertise include Health Care Mergers, Health Care Private Equity and Venture Capital Investments, Antitrust and Competition Policy in the Health Care, Cost Benefit Analysis in Health Care, Health Care Sector Modeling, Health Care Insurance Services, Medical Device, Pharmaceuticals, Physician Services, Public Policy and Health Care Payment Reform. In addition, he has a decade of experience in enterprise software, social media, and eCommerce as well as financial services. He has spent time directly observing clinical staff deliver care to high acuity patients in hospitals, so he brings a care delivery perspective to the firm.
He has in-depth experience in HIPAA mandates, the HITECH Act and Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) and is a published author and regular speaker. He consults to clients regarding HIPAA 5010, ICD-10, revenue cycle management, Meaningful Use of Electronic Health care Records, quality measures for Medicare Advantage Hospital Value Based Purchasing and Medicare Advantage HEDIS 5-Star Ratings for health plans. He is an expert in participatory social media for building brands and crowd sourcing solutions. Mr. Arrigo was recently quoted in the Wall Street Journal Venture Capital Dispatch regarding venture-backed information-technology companies that serve hospitals and health insurers and Wall Street Journal Health Blog. He wrote the macroeconomic analysis of the reimbursement risk of the transition to the World Health Organizations's International Classification of Diseases, version 10 (ICD-10 CM and ICD-10 PCS) on the U.S. health care economy in comparison to the impact of the mortgage backed securities devaluation. He performed diligence work for the premier venture capital firm in the U.S on their investment in medical analytics, a health plan, physician group, and accountable care organization solutions.
In his prior work as an SVP of eCommerce at Fidelity and at CoreLogic, he led innovative eCommerce and consulting business groups that were instrumental in transforming both companies’ strategy from a siloed services to integrated exchanges using software as a service (SaaS) platforms. He led one of the largest and most complex Sarbanes Oxley audits in the U.S. for a Fortune 100 firm, involving multiple lines of business, disparite financial systems, application controls and general controls. His team served financial services firms such as JP Morgan and Wells Fargo. Prior to that, he was CEO of Erogo (acquired by Citrix) an SaaS billing company. While there, revenue increased over 400 percent and the customer base doubled. He led the development of the asset acquisition strategy and launch of LeadersOnline, a Heidrick & Struggles backed early social media venture and assisted in the IPO of Heidrick. LeadersOnline added over $100 million to the market cap of Heidrick at the time of their IPO according to Goldman Sachs. Prior to that, Mike served as vice president of marketing and channel sales for Digitalk (acquired by ParcPlace and Cincom), the leader in enterprise object development. He led a transformation from a packaged tool to enterprise software sales. Revenue grew 300 percent, and the company was acquired for ten times the value of the revenue when he started three years earlier. He served over 10 years in consulting, executive, strategy, sales and marketing, and product management positions at Borland, Hewlett Packard, Symantec, and Oracle.
He served as an adjunct professor at Loyola University and has been a guest lecturer at the University of California Irvine. He earned his degree in Business Administration from the Entrepreneur Program at University of Southern California (USC), studied computer science and economics at the University of California, Irvine (UCI) and attended the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School executive management program. Mr. Arrigo is certified in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies, has been a member of the Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange (WEDI) for health care information and the Southern California Chapter of the Health Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS). He writes for Government Health IT, Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) and our corporate blog. He is an advanced youth soccer coach and an avid road cyclist. In October 2007 Mr. Arrigo competed in the U.S. Olympic Sailing Team Trials.
Zach Carrol - Partner, Health Plan Strategies
Zach guides health plan clients with an eye toward collaborative success with health care providers, having worked for some of the top payors and providers in the industry. His prior work includes Director of Strategy at Health Alliance in Cincinnati for Electronic Health Records, HIPAA 5010, and ICD-10. Prior to that he was a consultant at Allscripts where he helped to improve the interoperability strategy and execution of aquired companies.
He worked at Wellpoint in application development, managed eCommerce initiatives at Aetna, and served on a team at United Health that built medical policy design and IT rules implementation. Prior to that he worked in Revenue Cycle Management at Ascention Health a leading provider of health care, and Dignity Health. He proudly served as a Lieutenant in the US Airforce. He has resided in Ohio and currently lives in Philadelphia, PA.
Zach graduated from the University of Texas at Austin.
Matthew James - Partner, Provider Strategies
Matt brings health plan and IT experience as well as experience helping to build electronic health record systems, clinical documentation improvement and coding quality to leading health care providers across the U.S.
He worked for Blue Cross Blue Shield, WellPoint a top three health plan, Accenture a leading consulting firm, Epic Systems a leading electronic medical records company, and HCA, a leading health care provider with over 160 hospitals across the U.S.
He graduated from the London School of Economics.
Robert Francis - Partner, eHealthcare Practice- State Medicaid Infrastructure
Robert has extensive experience in health care and management consulting having worked as a consultant at Deloitte as well as with Cerner Corporation and Pfizer. He is a subject matter expert on State Medicaid solutions including enrollment and eligibility and was a member of the team that developed the first Service Oriented Architecture based State Eligibility system for the state of Pennsylvania (COMPASS). He has deep expertise in Medicare architecture, ITIL, and MITA.
He has led State, Federal, and private sector engagements in ICD-10, Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records, and process improvement for health plans and hospital systems. Prior to that Mr. Francis worked at Bank of America where he played a key role in rolling out the company's eCommerce system.
Prior to that, he worked at Netscape, Cisco, and Microsoft in a variety of engineering and product management positions.
He is a graduate of UC Berkeley where he earned his Bachelor of Science in Economics, and his Masters in Computer Science. In addition he holds a Masters in Informatics from Northwestern University.
Martha K. Bradt, MBA, CPHIT – Vice President of Marketing and Business Development
Marty leads the company's marketing efforts and helps set strategy on partnerships. Marty has over 20 years experience in marketing and management in enterprise software, consumer products and health care. Her recent engagements include ICD-10 medical policy management and strategy with a payor, and HIPAA 5010 assessment and strategy with one of the largest payors in the U.S. She manages day-to-day relationships with $billion plus software partners to facilitate win-win transactions.
She is a marketing technologist with a keen ability to develop pragmatic, actionable plans rooted in market opportunity. Her high energy and proven leadership abilities enable her to work effectively with our clients. She has demonstrated expertise in product and project management, staff development, public relations, promotions, advertising, and business partnering.
She has worked in product marketing and management positions with DoubleClick (acquired by Google), Acclaim Entertainment, Symmetry Software, Ashton-Tate (acquired by Borland), and Apple Computer.
In her spare time, Marty serves as a community leader in Rye, New York at her children’s schools, in Rye Pack 2 Cub Scouts, Rye Troop 2 Boy Scouts, and the Rye Middle School Squash Team. She is a Certified Professional in Health Information Technology (CPHIT). Marty earned her undergraduate degree from the College of Business at the University of Colorado. She earned her MBA from Stanford University.
Alex Nesbitt - Health Care Strategy
Nesbitt helps companies lead change. He is a former partner with The
Boston Consulting Group, where he led BCG’s west coast health care
practice. He has been involved in helping hospitals, academic medical
centers, payers and health care suppliers for over 25 years.
Alex specializes in working with
senior executives who are frustrated that their organizations are not
successfully managing change and need to overcome competing functional
agendas and cross-functional processes that suffer from poor
communication and distrust. He is responsible for conducting Business
Roadmap development with health plans for HIPAA 5010 and ICD-10
Examples of his work include the following health care
- $1 billion Academic Medical Center. Post merger integration of two $500 million academic medical centers.
- Regence BlueShield. Led post merger
integration of King County Medical Blue Shield and Pierce County Medical
Bureau to form Regence Blue Shield. $20 million in cost reductions
- $7 billion Pharmaceutical
Manufacturer. Performed strategic and financial due diligence in support
of proposed acquisition of $1 billion target company. Planned post
- $27 billion Pharmaceutical
Distributor. Designed service delivery value chain for pharmaceutical
dispensing technology division. Developed service strategy to optimize
Alex is also the author of a number of
articles and white papers in the health care sector including: “Managing
for a Wired Health Care Market," “Unlocking the Value of Health Care
Information”," “Service Lines: Assuring Leadership for Academic Medical
Centers," and “The Four Essential Elements of a Growth Oriented
Alex graduated from Stanford University with a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering.
Thought Leaders, Physicians, Electronic Health Record, Regulatory Experts
In addition to its business and strategy consulting, No World Borders brings some of the strongest physician and regulatory perspectives in the business. Its team includes Physicians with clinical data expertise, and regulatory consultants with experience gained from decades of work in U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) in senior Health Care IT roles.
Our team includes some of the thought leaders in the industry on the reimbursement impacts of the shifts in regulations and standards, Diagnosis Related Groups (DRGs) and other areas, which are core to the shifts in health care payment reform and the move to comparative effectiveness as the guide for physicians.
We are experts in the selection and implementation of Electronic Medical Record (EMR) / Electronic Health Record (EHR) solutions and meaningful use. Our team has in-depth experience in quality measures and how they will shift quality bonus payments under Medicare Advantage in the future.
Jon Rosen, advisor, social media and internet strategy
Mr. Rosen helps guide No World Borders' nascent B2B and B2C health care social media strategy and the exchange of health plan - provider - patient dialogues. He is an Internet and software-industry executive whose efforts have fueled the inception and growth of several leading Internet and technology startups and led growth initiatives within blue chip companies such as America Online, Autobytel, EMC and SunGard. Mr. Rosen’s teams have generated four company sales and one Initial Public Offering over the past twenty years. These industry categories include Online Publishing, Internet Advertising, Social Media and Software as a Service (SaaS) applications. He has been responsible for productive, revenue-generating relationships with most major media/Internet companies including Google, Amazon, AOL/Time Warner, ESPN, Yahoo, Apple, IBM, Adobe & eBay. Extensive speaking experience at Media and Advertising trade shows. Advisory Director for media and software growth companies in Video, Search, Local Marketing, Travel and others. Mr. Rosen’s software leadership experience includes Storage, Healthcare, Finance, and Federal Government contracting and middle ware applications.
While at America Online -Time Warner Mr. Rosen led strategy, corporate development, business development and new business direction for AOL Search and Directional Media; a $500M division that included Search, Advertising Networks, eCommerce and Travel search. He was responsible for AOL’s Instant Messenger (AIM) business development and developed AOL’s SEO/SEM division. Led development of AOL’s Directional Media Ad Network. Participated in the acquisition and/or investments of Advertising.com, Singingfish Video Search, Truveo, Kayak, Shopping.com, and others. He led search, social media display marketing for WebVisible which served 100,000 small businesses, as well as AT&T, Intuit, Gannet, British Telecom and others. He led Local and Business Development for Spot Runner, and at Auto by tell he led all interactive strategy and revenue; including user experience and community, advertising, ad-operations, leads, partnerships and business development. He founded iProspect, a SEM and SEO company and sold it to Carat (Aegis Group) in 2005 for $50 million. In addition, Mr Rosen has enterprise software experience at Intellus / Sunguard, LaserData, OTG, and Epoch Systems. He is a graduate of the University of Arizona and serves on the boards of directors and advisors of SearchForce (Enterprise SaaS Search), MeFeedia, (Video Search), IcePortal (Travel), Market Hardware (purchased by IAC). His Internet affiliations include the Internet Advertising Board (IAB); DoubleClick Publisher Advisory Board; OMMA.
David Burrill - advisor, health care industry and process improvement
Mr. Burrill is especially knowledgeable in health care analytics and the opportunities surrounding Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), ICD-10 medical coding data and diagnosis related groups (DRGs), which are the fundamental constructs of the health care reimbursement system. He has developed unique social media approaches for Community Health Needs Assessments for not for profit hospital organizations. Mr. Burrill has spent a career focused on the development of health care software systems to facilitate Business Performance Management and Continuous Learning initiatives. After selling the last software company he co-founded (acquired by Trizetto), Dave began working with schools and mentoring organizations on the Wisdom Legacy social media Initiative. Previously, he was President and COO of InAlysys a company that provides customer intelligence solutions to assess customer value and enterprise performance for the health care and high-tech manufacturing industries.
Prior to that, he was Managing Director at Alexander Prescott, and before that a Price Waterhouse consultant where was involved with the mergers, acquisitions and strategic development of several Fortune 500 clients. He has over 15 publications to his credit, has been a featured speaker and instructor for national associations and conventions. He is a former Instructor in the Business School of the University of Southern California. His work has been recognized by Cap Gemini Ernst & Young, Deloitte & Touche, Computerworld, the Smithsonian Institution for its innovation and excellence. Dave pursued doctoral work in Organizational Behavior before and after receiving his MBA from the University of Southern California. He is a Certified Public Accountant, and has Bachelor degrees in Economics and Psychology from the University of California, Irvine.
David Girling - advisor, investment banking and financial services
David Girling brings over 20 years of financial services industry expertise, and is well-versed in capital markets. He leads Girling REIG. His financial services perspective makes him equally valuable advising clients in health care on payment reform. David was the President and CEO of LogicEase Solutions, a leading provider of compliance and risk management solutions for the financial services industry. Prior to LogicEase, Dave was a Vice President at PricewaterhouseCoopers’ Emerging Company Practice, where he consulted with start-up and venture capital firms in San Francisco. His career includes executive positions with First Boston (now CSFB) working on Wall Street, Lehman Mortgage, General Electric Capital Mortgage Corporation and Ellie Mae (Electronic Mortgage Affiliates).
David holds an MBA from the Anderson Graduate School of Management at the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) and he graduated from the University of Southern California (USC) with a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration.
Robert Lambert - advisor, organizational development & talent management
Robert Lambert’s consultative approach to leadership development and talent management has been profiled on CNBC, CNNfn, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times. Mr. Lambert has also appeared on CNBC’s Power Lunch and Morning Call as an industry expert on talent strategies, executive transition, organization effectiveness and executive compensation. Currently Mr. Lambert serves as Global Head of HR, Leadership and Organization Capability for Patagonia a leading designer of core outdoor, surf and sport-related apparel, equipment, footwear and accessories. Prior to founding R.J. Lambert & Associates, Mr. Lambert served as Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer for New Century Financial Corporation where he led a large-scale organizational transformation. His responsibilities included overall Human Resources as well as Communications, Media and Public Relations. Prior to that, Mr. Lambert served as the founding partner of the international executive search firm Christian & Timbers’ Southern California office. While at Christian & Timbers, Mr. Lambert served on the firms’ Executive Board, and conducted numerous executive search and consulting engagements for Global 1000 Consumer, Retail, Technology and Financial Services organizations.
Prior to that, Mr. Lambert was a Partner with Heidrick & Struggles International Inc. where he focused his search and consulting practice in the Consumer, Retail and e-Business sectors. Before Heidrick, Mr. Lambert gained extensive experience in complex public-company turnarounds, mergers & acquisitions, high-growth, early stage start-ups and large-scale global operations as a key executive with several Fortune 500 organizations. Most recently, he played an integral role in the $2 billion Carter Hawley Hale (Los Angeles, CA.) post-bankruptcy turnaround as Executive Vice President of Stores & Operations. He has also served as Chief Human Resources Officer for the Stride Rite Corporation (Boston, MA.), and held a variety of senior human resources positions with PepsiCo Inc.
From 1975 to 1982, Mr. Lambert proudly served as an officer in the US Navy flying the A6E Intruder aircraft. He enjoys his role as Scoutmaster for Troop 695 as well as serving on the Board of Directors of the Orange County, California Council of the Boy Scouts of America. Mr. Lambert holds an M.A. degree of Finance from Webster University and a B.S. in Environmental Science and Geography from Arizona State University.
Aloke Nath - advisor, information technology and software development
Aloke Nath has over 25 years of executive leadership experience in enterprise software and the automotive, industrial manufacturing and automotive finance industries. Most recently, Mr. Nath was Vice President & Managing Director of Global Professional Services for Snap-on Business Solutions. While there, he managed delivery of solutions for automotive, power sports companies, and suppliers globally. He also provided thought leadership for product management and development. Prior to Snap-on, Aloke was co-founder, Chairman and CEO for Syncata; a company that helped clients achieve breakthrough operational performance through innovative business consulting and technology solutions. Key automotive clients included Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Mitsubishi and Suzuki for which Syncata delivered over 200 engagements spanning the entire value chain. Syncata was acquired in early 2005 by ProQuest Business Solutions, which was later acquired by Snap-on (NYSE: SNA).
At Syncata, Mr. Nath was responsible for attaining Level 3 maturity under the Software Engineering Institute's (SEI) Capability Maturity Model (CMM) for their offshore development center. Syncata was awarded an Asian OEMs Premier Partner Award three times in recognition for their outstanding service, value and innovation. Prior to Syncata, Mr. Nath worked at Ashton-Tate (acquired by Borland) as an expert on SQL Server and relational databases where he consulted for Microsoft, Sybase, Merrill Lynch, Intel, Coca-Cola, and the U.S. Department of Defense. Before Ashton-Tate, he managed the development of leading-edge systems for Citicorp, Unisys and CSC, many of which are still in use today.
Mr. Nath is the author of ‘The Guide to SQL Server’, published by Addison-Wesley. He has been a speaker at numerous conferences and taught extensively on relational databases and systems development. He graduated with a BS from Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur in India and earned his MS in Electrical Engineering from the University of Southern California.
Paul Sloane - advisor, innovation
Paul Sloane is an author of 17 books and a speaker on creative problem solving and lateral leadership. Over 2 million copies of his books have been sold. He was described in the Independent as the ‘King of Lateral Thinking Puzzles.’ He is the founder of Destination-Innovation a consultancy that helps organizations improve innovation.
He has advised clients including American Express, British Telecom, Cendant, Lloyds of London, Motorola, Reckitt Benckiser, Shell Oil and 3M. Paul studied Engineering at Cambridge, and later joined IBM where he was a leader in sales, and part of the team that launched the IBM PC in the UK. He went on to be Managing Director of Ashton-Tate, later acquired by Borland. He became VP International for MathSoft Inc. and CEO of Monactive Ltd. In his book, The Innovative Leader, published by Kogan Page, he explains how leaders can inspire their people to achieve breakthrough solutions and radical innovations. His articles on innovation and leadership have appeared in leading business publications. An excerpt of one of his speeches appears on the No World Borders blog.
We understand your experience, we know the Marketplace, and we can offer you rewarding and challenging opportunities.
Click here to see our current list of open positions.
Benefits of joining the No World Borders Team
- Health insurance from a world-class provider with high service levels*
- Flexible Spending Account for health care*
- Direct deposit*
- Life insurance*
- Easy to use web based time and billing tracking
- Enterprise Blackberry™, iPhone™, Google Android™, Goodlink™ supported Mobile devices
- Laptops with managed security and software licenses installed
- An innovative, creative, and flexible environment where you and your contributions are treated with respect and appreciation.
- No World Borders is an equal opportunity employer.
* Only employees are eligible, subject to certain terms, conditions and approvals.
Big Company Benefits, Small Company Passion for Excellence
- We work with Fortune 100 – 1,000 companies to bring you challenging and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
- We'll take the time to understand your motivation, and what is most important to you in your next position.
- We measure our success on our ability to place the right person in the right company / position.
- Whether you seek a consulting job, contract to hire position, or full-time direct employment, we help connect you with the next opportunity.
Our company helps growing software and infrastructure providers. We look for firms who have strong, mature technology solutions but who may lack the implementation or vertical industry expertise to achieve their business goals. We have helped several companies achieve success by providing the credibility of a team as good as a global consulting firm with the nimbleness and cost effectiveness of a regional boutique.
Our partner program provides a framework that enables us to build the best solutions for our clients from our partners.
If you are interested in partnering with No World Borders, please use our contact form and indicate “partner” in the contact form.
- Strong financial statements & growth plan
- Common strategic goals
- Synergies with our expertise