On February 18th and 19th Michael Arrigo, CEO of No World Borders, Inc. will be participating in Health Care Education Associates’ “Strategically Transitioning to ICD-10 for Providers & Plans,” a health care industry conference focused on helping the health care industry move to the new electronic health record standards.
The conference will cover both the data interchange standard HIPAA X12 5010 and the companion medical claims coding standard ICD-10. Over 20 industry experts from leading health consulting and technology solutions firms will be participating.
“Moving from ICD-9 to ICD-10 coding is one of the toughest challenges facing the healthcare industry today, said Michael Arrigo. “This conference will help health plans and providers prepare now by learning the key steps in making the transition, which many describe as a bigger effort for the health care industry than addressing Y2K.” he continued.
Mr. Arrigo will make two presentations covering:
- Migration from 4010 to 5010: Finalizing the Details
- Implementing & Optimizing a New Strategic Business Infrastructure for ICD-10
The conference will focus on these topics:
- How to leverage ICD-10 to drive efficiency in your organization
- Ways to best finalize the details in moving from HIPAA 4010 to 5010
- Impacted functions in your organization and how to prepare them
- Best practices in making the transition to ICD-10
- Benchmarks-how far along should you be…and by when?
- How to train the trainers to train your staff
- Revenue & reimbursement implications for ICD-10
Some of the specific topics geared to health plans include:
- How each department of your plan will be affected…and how to prepare
- How to design and redesign procedures for ICD-10
- How to manage your vendors
Specific topics addressed to providers include:
- Insights from the AHA about ICD-10 transitions for every size organization
- Retaining clinical and financial information in the transition
- The impact of ICD-10 on healthcare quality data
Over 20 industry experts from leading health consulting and technology solutions firms will be participating, including:
- No World Borders, Inc.
- 3M Health Information Systems, Inc.
- Partners Healthcare
- Perot Systems
- The TriZetto Group
- GE Healthcare Systems, Centricity Enterprise Div
- Deloitte Consulting LLP
- American Hospital Association
- Capgemini Government Solutions LLC
Registration Information for the Event is Available at
Dates: February 18th & 19th
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Conference Registration: $1,395.00
More information regarding No World Borders and its HIPAA X12 5010 and ICD-10 Migration Services and Consulting Practice is available on the company web site :
A free information brief is also available in Adobe Acrobat format: http://bit.ly/RaEzH